Kenneth Parks Gober III
I received my law license in 2008 and joined Lee, Gober & Reyna in 2010. My practice focuses on representation of plaintiffs in personal injury cases and defendants in DWI criminal charges, including administrative license revocation hearings.
I was born in Brownwood, Texas and raised in Terrell, Texas where I lived until I started my undergraduate education at Texas A&M University. While there, I competed in and won 1st place (twice) in an international creative problem solving competition. I graduated magna cum laude from Texas A&M University in 2005 with a B.A. in Political Science.
Following my undergraduate education, I attended Baylor Law School. While there, I was appointed to the office of Technical Editor for the Baylor Law Review. I also authored a law review article which was published in the spring 2008 issue. While in law school, I interned for the Waco Innocence Project with a focus on exonerating the wrongly convicted.
I zealously advocate for my clients. I know when and how to stand up to protect my clients’ interests. I believe that a negotiated-outcome is an important and laudable goal, but (unlike some lawyers) I will not shy away from taking a case to trial.
Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
Juris Doctor, May 2008, cum laude
- Class Rank: Top 15%
- Law Review:
- Article Published: Right to Appeal Intra-State Extradition From Texas
- Technical Editor
- TexSupp (online version of law review)—Articles Editor
- Articles Editor
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Economics, May 2005, magna cum laude
- Academic Excellence Award Recipient: 2003–2004 & 2004–2005
- University Honors
- Foundation Honors
Federal District Clerk Intern, Northern District of Texas, Dallas, Texas, 2005
- Prosecutorial Externship, Waco, Texas, 2008
- Innocence Project Externship, Waco, Texas 2008
- Collect Exculpatory Evidence for a Twenty-Year-Old Case
- Research Fallacies of Arson Investigation Used in the Conviction of Our Client
Wood & Gober, PLLC, Terrell, Texas, 2008–Present
- Administrative and Managerial Roles Performed
Civil Rights Litigation
Direct Appeals: Briefing, Oral Argument, Motion for Rehearing, PDR
Two 1st Degree Felony Jury Trials—Not Guilty Verdicts on Both
- Destination Imagination, State of Texas Affiliate
- Regional Challenge Master: Direct ½ of Tournament for 700+ Children, 2005–Present
- Wings Tutor, Terrell, Texas
- Volunteer for Adult Literacy Program, Prepare Students for GED, May 2009–Present